Landing Page for Potential Endorsements
This is a hidden page. It has been put together to help you evaluate the project. If you have any questions please contact the founder, Brian McGee.
Phone number: 334-476-1432
Send email to endorse: [email protected]
We believe working together to actually solve problems in a bipartisan manner is important and that is one of the major goals of this project. Through this webpage we hope to address general questions that might not have been fully shared in any correspondence we might have had with you.
1. What is meant by "Endorsement?" If you found this landing page you have been asked to endorse the project. What this means is you find the idea of engaging students in a structured bipartisan manner encouraging them to learn how to research problems and create an action plan to solve those problems. It is our sincere hope that this project will be run year after year no matter what party has been given control of the White House.
2. Is this endorsed by the president? We are seeking the endorsement of the President and have written Dr. Jill Biden asking her to see if she feels the project would fit her husband's larger goals. If she feels it would, we are asking her to intercede with him on the project's behalf. His endorsement, while extremely helpful, is not a requirement for the success of the project.
3. Is there a Pilot Project? We will be conducting a trial of the project with 10 - 20 school clubs or classrooms. The pilot's purpose is to evaluate our interface with the student's and adults, evaluate human volunteer/paid staff requirements, and to work out potential bugs. We expect to be able to keep the costs of this pilot to around $30,000.
4. Will the project be run by volunteers or paid staff? We expect this to be a balance between paid staff and volunteers. As the word of the project gets out, we will be recruiting volunteers to support the project. Our current goal will be three retired teacher volunteers per group of participants. This would assure us that there were at least two retired teacher acting as resources for the group. Assuming a minimum of two groups in the pilot project, we would have one paid educator oversee the two projects and the volunteers. Wanting to get college students involved , we might consider getting their help either on a volunteer or paid basis.
5. Other questions? If you have other questions, please contact us directly.
In order to evaluate the individuals running this project we are providing resumes of key people. We feel this should help make the evaluation of the project easier.
Brian McGee, EdS, Founder and CEO
Dr. Chandana Mitra, PhD, Vice President and Director of Science Integration
2. Interview: News Talk 1010 Radio Canada
Jacqueline McGee, EdS, Director of Education
Dr. Zach Mahaza, PhD, Director of Research
1. Curriculum Vita
Michelle French, Marketing and Graphics